You’ve probably seen the issue with the Greek economy all over the news / online… but should you be worried?
In Short – No, but it’s a good idea to make some plans…
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office are offering the following advice:
While banks are closed in Greece and some withdrawals are limited, make sure you take sufficient euros in cash to cover the duration of your stay, emergencies, unforeseen circumstances and any unexpected delays. You should take appropriate security precautions against theft. There are currently no restrictions on taking unspent euros out of Greece at the end of your stay.
So we recommend taking all your spending money in Euros, be very careful however as carrying large amounts of cash could make tourist prone to theft, where possible use a hotel safe and ensure you have good quality Travel Insurance in place. It’s a great time to be buying Euros anyway, the best rates for ages are currently in place.
With the increased demand for Euros you may have to wait from some places like UK banks as they bring in extra stock, however our partner Post Office Travel Money, are able to deliver to you home next-day for free.
- Order from £400 to £2500 – you can buy from £400 to £2500 and order up to 5 days in advance.
- The more you buy the better the rate – rates improve when you buy over £500, £1000, £1500 or £2000 online
- 0% commission on over 70 currencies*
- FREE delivery on online orders**
* Except UK Pounds Sterling Travellers Cheques. **Orders placed before 3pm, on a working day, can generally be delivered the next working day. Where an order is made on a Friday and delivery is required on a Saturday, there will be a charge of £1.50.